This is really a deviation from the recipe on the printed paper that came with the kit. I added the agave nectar because I was 1lb short of the base malt. At 30 minute boil time, I added an additional 1 oz of Hallertau hops I had from a previous brew. These are not called for in the original recipe. I added probably 1/4 gallon distilled water to my carboy before pitching the yeast and tossed almost 1/2 gallon of bottom trub. I realize I don't enjoy the wort chilling portion of this whole process.
I tasted the wort after measuring my OG. It's hard to tell much through the intense sweetness, but I think the flavor is going to be very nice.